Thursday, January 27, 2011

Up the Chain lift...


Like I said, the roller coaster adventure has begun. In terms of a roller coaster, the cart is initially pulled up the chain lift (most fundamental part of the ride), so that the cart can be released down the hill and accelerate through the course. Then you have all of the turns and loops, up-side-down moments, and possible "life-ending" scares (as I like to call them). Well, I am going up the hill right now. I got my check from Berry Tuesday and I deposited it into the bank. I searched for a few hours on airfare. I finally found a fairly cheap flight in comparison to others. We were not sure if the money would appear in full that night or not so I went ahead and booked it. Unfortunately the money did not go through. However, praise the Lord, the airline is still reserving my flight. We found out from the bank that the money would be posted by 12 o'clock last night. So, around 12:15 I called the airlines to see if it had been posted and to our dismay, it had not. The airline told me that they would hold my seat until this morning. Praise Him for their understanding. It is 10:37 a.m. and the bank has still not put the entire check into our bank account. I went to bed last night praising the Lord for His goodness. I know this is all in His beautiful hands and that He will not give us something we cannot handle.

Third Day "Your Love oh Lord (Psalm 36)
"I will life my voice to worship you my King! I will find my strength in the shadow of your wings. Your love reaches to the Heavens. Your faithfulness stretches to the skies!" 


This morning I woke up knowing that I needed to put some hardcore prayer into practice. Prayer moves mountains ya know? I found these three scriptures that have brought so much comfort to me during this time of affliction.

Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a hope and a future."


Ephesians 6:10-11 "Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the schemes of the devil."


Hebrews 13:5 "I will NEVER leave you nor forsake you."


God has his hand on this. I know it. I used to be the type of person that would freak out and worry about the smallest trial in life. Now that I have Father, I am so much more understanding and patient with the trials He gives me. I live for Him. For His Kingdom. I live in this world, but not of it. At least I try to. But I am still a great sinner and I  still need an even greater Savior. 


I will keep you updated on how the flight goes. Please pray that I can get it. If not, the price of another flight will be extremely high and as we all know, money is hard to come by now a days. Pray for understanding on my part. 


Be Blessed,

Rach




No comments:

Post a Comment