Sunday, January 30, 2011

God is good. Always

**Money went through. After 4 days. Flight still reserved. Mom called me into the room and said she received the confirmation that the flight had been paid for. The price that we hoped for. God is good. Always. :)**

My Father is so good. Today has been such a beautiful, blessing of a day. Church was great. The weather was perfect. My God shined throughout everything. He really had me thinking about the Dominican today. I miss it so badly. The children were so beautiful. I want to cry because I miss them. I miss the land. I miss the love of Jesus that a small 4 year old had! I miss how the people were so welcoming. I miss how the children ran to us with loving arms, ready to be held and just loved on. I miss how they had so little materialistically but in reality, they had everything. They lived for the Lord. They had such tight-knit communities. They were simply lovely. They were content. They were happy. They were finding satisfaction in the things that mattered in life. They took care of one another. They acted as one big family. Why don't we have that here? Why is the United States not like other countries? Why do we live for the world? Why do we live to buy the biggest house and wear the newest clothing? Yes, the Lord blesses us with money and riches of all sorts. But how many of us put our faith in these riches? How many of us find our identity in things that will not last for ever? This summer I learned something very important. So many times we live like this:

Jesus + ______ = Satisfaction


I know I do this. I am at great fault. So many times I forget that my Savior, the One who died for me, someone He didn't even know, is all I need. That really, I should be living like this:

Jesus = Satisfaction

So many times I find myself living for the world. So many times I forget that Jesus is all I need! That my Father is soo great and that He is giving me a gift of satisfaction that will last for the rest of eternity. It's so crazy how this sounds so good, yet I can still forget it. Thankfully I am a sinner with an even greater Savior.




I pray that we can all realize just how much our Father loves us. That He gave His only son, for us. That He adopts us into the Kingdom. Adoption. We need Him. We need that love. We are nothing without Him.

I am trying to learn to love simplicity. It was easy in the Dominican. Here it is not. But why put my hope in that  of which will end instead of that of which will endure forever?

Father help me. Help us. Show us your ways. Teach us the way of life. Teach us to live for you alone. To glorify you. Let us walk in the ways of Jesus. 

33 days until Argentina!

Besos,

Rach


 "Peace I leave with you; My peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27

No comments:

Post a Comment